‘Ideas for India’ (I4I) (www.ideasforindia.in) is a economics and policy portal (hereinafter referred to as the “website”) run by the International Growth Centre (IGC).
These Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “T&Cs”) constitute an agreement between the user (hereinafter referred to as the “user/you/your") and the website.
Your access to and use of the website is subject to these T&Cs of use. Your use of the website, your registration on the website, or your provision to us of any content or personal information constitutes your agreement to these T&Cs including but not limited to the policy related to privacy of personal information, which may be amended from time to time. By accessing or using the website, you agree to be bound by these T&Cs of use whether or not you have read them. If you do not agree to these T&Cs of use, do not access or use the website.
Use of Personal Information by Website
I4I obtains your personal information such as email address, sector of work, name, and so on, through various modes such as signup forms and third-party plugins, to send emails that you have signed up for, or for use of the comments and discussion platforms on the website. The personal information will not be used by us for any other purpose or shared with third parties.
Accessing the Website
I4I shall not be responsible for delay or inability to use the website or related functionalities, any information, software, products, functionalities, and related material obtained through the website, or otherwise arising out of the use of the website, whether based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or otherwise. Further, I4I shall not be held responsible for non-availability of the website during periodic maintenance operations or any unplanned suspension of access to the website that may occur due to technical reasons or for any reason beyond I4I’s control.
This website is managed by us from our offices within India. If you choose to access the website from locations outside India, you do so at your own risk and you are responsible for compliance with any local laws. You may not use or export anything (including information) from the website in violation of Indian laws, regulations, or the website T&Cs.
Use of Content
The user is also under obligation to access the website for reasonable and lawful purposes only, and to not indulge in any activity that is not envisaged through the website.
I4I provides content, information, and resources on the website. The said content, information, and resources contained in the website are for general information purposes only and are not intended to be a substitute for specific legal, financial, etc. advice or research. I4I website makes no representations or warranties of any kind – express or implied – about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability, or availability with respect to the website, content, information or related graphics contained in the website for any purpose. Any reliance on such content, information, and resource is therefore strictly at the user’s own risk.
The views and opinions expressed therein are those of the information-providers and content-providers and do not necessarily reflect official policies, endorsements or positions of I4I.
In case of user-generated content, the user acknowledges and agrees that we may keep content indefinitely and disclose it for any purpose, including but not limited to: (a) complying with legal processes; (b) enforcing these T&Cs; (c) responding to claims that any content violates the rights of third parties; or (d) without undertaking a duty to do so, protect the rights, property, or personal safety of I4I, its users, and the public.
You agree not to upload, post, or otherwise transmit through the website any content or any other materials whatsoever that are or could appear to:
- be defamatory, untrue, misleading, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, vulgar, libellous, obscene, invasive to another person's privacy or protected data, or tortuous, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable;
- be infringing upon anyone's intellectual property rights, including any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, or right of publicity, or other proprietary rights of any party, including, without limitation, any content that is the subject of any third-party claim of infringement;
- contain any software viruses or any other harmful computer code, files, or programs, including any designed to interrupt, destroy, or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
- in violation of any applicable license, laws or contractual or fiduciary duty or provision (including by exercise of the rights you grant to I4I above);
- of a type that you do not have a right to transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships, such as inside information and proprietary and confidential information;
- unsolicited, undisclosed or unauthorised advertising;
- data or information obtained through access that was not authorized by the owner of the data or information, or with respect to which such posting would constitute unauthorised use.